macOS 10.13, 10.14 and 10.15: Video functionality not enabled
Starting in macOS High Sierra 10.13, security policies require that kernel extensions (kexts) must be enabled by the user. The Fresco USB-to-Video driver includes two kexts that need to authorized.
Check if the Fresco kexts are blocked
- in the Apple menu, select About
- Open the System Report
In the left pane, under Software, select Extensions
- Locate the extensions named, IOProxyFramebuffer and IOProxyVideoCard
- If No is shown in the Loaded column for either kext, follow the steps below to enable the kexts
Enable Fresco kexts
It is only possible to enable new kexts for 30 minutes after installation. To restart the 30 minute timer, run the installer again.
- Open System Preferences from the Apple menu.
- Select Security & Privacy.
- Check for a message at the bottom of the window "System software from developer "Fresco Logic, Inc." was blocked from loading"
If you do not see this message, close System Preferences and reinstall the software.
- Click on the Lock to make changes
- Follow the prompt to enter your password and allow changes.
- Click Allow.
- Click on the Lock again to save the changes.